SC - Re: sca-cooks SCA-ck Lard Preservation

Terry Nutter gfrose at cotton.vislab.olemiss.edu
Mon Apr 14 22:26:27 PDT 1997

Greetings all,
My name is Lady Elizabetta Sforza, I am one of the founding mothers of the
Incipient Shire of Castelleone (Helena MT) We began over 2 years ago and have
since added 40 members to our shire from the original 6.  My first attempt at
feasting was our 1st Masked Winter Ball where, 1 week before the event the
church decided to remodel their kitchen. this included the removal of their
stove, frig, and counters.  Ahh there's nothing like barbequing in -30 degree
weather. our kitchen was 2 folding tables partitioned off from the rest of
the room, a dutch oven and 1 barbeque.  All for 75 people, I am  very
interested in various recipes and short cuts that people have found to make
feastocrating easier, especially the way our events seem to be growing.  I
have found new appreciation for all who do things like run kitchens and cook
for events like Crown tourneys, and Soup kitchens (Like at Gryphons Fury)
    My greatest reward comes from hearing comments from the attendees at
events.  and now away we go on to Feastocrating our May event ( all Itailian)
 Thank you all for the info I have learned so far and please keep it coming.
 :)
Happily living the dream and cooking for it.  Lady Elizabetta Sforza
(Better known as Betta)