SC - Re: Re[2]: sca-cooks Creativity

Dottie Elliott macdj at onr.com
Tue Apr 15 10:40:17 PDT 1997

>will take their last penny.  I reserve the right to have "kitchen
>guests".  I don't go crazy with this, last time i gave away 4 feast
>tokens.  These are not people that work-off a feast ticket, they are
>simply guests of the kitchen.

I always end up with extra food when I cook. If someone is left on site
without a reservation, I frequently ask them to stay since there's more
than enough. I hate throwing out food and the food kitchens in this area
only take unopened, uncooked food. I've had musicians stay that in return
for being fed offered up an hour of entertainment. I've had people that
helped wash dishes (the *hardest* job to fill) in thanks. I suppose you
could argue that if word gets out, lots of people will stop paying for
the feast and hang around waiting for an invite, but I don't think so.
Everyone in our area knows that I'll never let anyone go away hungry and
I've never had a problem. I've never had more than one or two at any
given feast and I've never had repeat free diners. It's also good PR. Our
group is getting known for our hospitallity and we have people that send
in reservations for our annual feast before it hits the newsletter!

Julleran