SC - New to list

Dottie Elliott macdj at onr.com
Tue Apr 15 11:27:46 PDT 1997

> I am interested at present in locating period Scottish recipes. If anyone
> can point me in the direction of references I should look for or offer
> recipes,  I would appreciate it.
>
> Thanks, Clarissa

Hi,  me again.

I just cooked the feast for our Ceilidh, and we just did a Scottish event last
fall.

Finding cookbooks for Scottish recipes isn't difficult; finding period
Scottish recipes is.  We settled for beef, chicken, and cheese pies -- the
recipes for the beef and chicken were from Markham (fairly simple fare) and
the cheese recipe was given to me by the hostess.

Life is crazed at this moment at work.  Tomorrow I hope to be able to bring my
notebook to work and give you the pointers.

The most difficult thing about a quintessentially Scottish feast is the amount
of baking soda called for in everything we think is Scottish.  Unfortunately,
to the best of my knowledge, baking soda and baking powder aren't period
(please, somebody tell me I'm wrong!!)

Feel free to e-mail me privately.

Derdriu
swensel at brandegee.lm.com
- ----
This message was sent using a demo version of BBEdit, a product of Bare Bones
Software, Inc.
http://www.tiac.net/biz/bbsw/