SC - Re: sca-cooks Re: Spice Use and Food Poisoning, etc.

Ron Martino Jr yumitori at marsweb.com
Tue Apr 15 15:32:45 PDT 1997

Hi, Katerine here.  Cossette the Nice asked about "theme" feasts.  I've
cooked a couple; one with English, Italian, and Middle Eastern courses;
one just English and Middle Eastern; and one -- probably my most successful,
and certainly my favorite -- all English, all (except the bread) from
recipes originating in the last third of the 14th century, every dish
served in the course in which it most often appeared, and dishes that were
supposed to be served on a plate together done that way.

Most of the diners didn't notice most of what made that 14th century meal
special from a historical standpoint -- but there was virtually no food
left over, and it's the only feast I can recall serving about which I
heard literally *no* complaints (including second or third hand), ever.

And everybody thought it was really original and different -- despite
being centered at the time and place that is probably most people's
model of a "tyupical boring feast".

Cheers,

- -- Katerine/Terry