SC - feast $

Kathleen M Everitt kathe1 at juno.com
Wed Apr 16 09:44:41 PDT 1997

> Huh? "adressing of the Haggis"? I'm not sure what you mean by this. If
> you are talking about the Scottish sausage often called haggis, you might
> be interested in this file in the FOOD section of my SCA Rialto Files.

Addressing the Haggis means reading a Robert Burns poem addressed to
said sausage on Robert Burns' birthday. Since he's post-period, I'd
guess that the whole custom is quite post-period, but I don't
know. Why people in Australia address the Haggis in April is another
question...

Gregory Blount, who has done Scottish Country Dancing in the mundane
world, so he's witnessed most of these bizarre customs