SC - feast $

Uduido@aol.com Uduido at aol.com
Wed Apr 16 13:36:25 PDT 1997

On Wed, 16 Apr 1997 13:25:14 -0500 robin.hackett at wadsworth.org (Robin
Hackett) writes:

>Outdoor feasts are alot of fun! :) L
>
>Leri

Sometimes. I'm reminded of the first feast I ever helped cook a long time
ago. It was the event that they announced that Ansteorra got the okay to
go Kingdom. It was called the Tournament of Chivalry, but was later
referred to as the Tournament of Shiver-y because it was so cold. It
snowed, which is very strange for southern Ansteorra in late March (I
think it was). The head cook had pre-cooked the meat and wrapped it in
foil to reheat in the embers around the edge of the bonfire. She couldn't
get near the fire to turn the bundles because of all the Dukes, Counts,
Barons, etc. so she announced in a loud voice, "I outrank you all. I'm
the cook." The people huddling around the fire moved apart like the Red
Sea so she could attend dinner. I was stirring a huge pot of rice over a
Coleman stove. A very nice gentleman came to relieve me since I had been
standing for such a long time, but I turned him down since it was one of
the warmest spots on site! Not the last outdoor feast I ever cooked, but
probably the most memorable!

Julleran