SC - sc - food gifts

Alys of Foxdale foxdale at wolfstar.com
Fri Apr 18 17:26:57 PDT 1997

On Fri, 18 Apr 97 13:38:29 -0500 Dottie Elliott <macdj at onr.com> writes:
>I am looking for period recipes that would make food I could give as
>gifts. I already have a honey-almond candy recipe and Caridoc's hais
>recipe. I am looking for cookies, cakes, possibly breads, preferably
>things that last a while but that's not a requirement, definitely
>things
>that don't require refrigeration.
>
>Thanks, Clarissa

Have you tried candied lemon peel?  Everyone I've given some to loves it.
It keeps a long time. I've got the recipe around here someplace, it you
send me your e-mail address. The period recipe and redaction is a little
long. Or I could give you the quick and dirty which is much shorter. :-)

Julleran