SC - Feast themes

Mon Apr 21 10:40:23 PDT 1997

>This is a noble and accurate account of what a feastocrat should do!
>Thank-you. I spend more time and personal money testing, testing,
>testing
>before a feast proper than I care to account for. Feast participants
>should
>NEVER be used as a testing ground for untried recipes Under any
>circumstances..

>Lord Ras

I always use the local groups as guinea pigs (and no, I've never thought
of cooking them - except maybe...never mind.). When we have new recipes
to try for an event, we have a "commons" (Pot-luck dinner) for the locals
and make them try everything. If they suggest changes, the next attempt
usually shows up at the business meeting or history guild. It gives us
more opinions on each dish and guarantees that the acceptance of the dish
is more universal than if I taste it. After all, I love chocolate chip
mint ice cream covered with Maraschino cherries and I hate mushrooms! I
might not be the best taster for a feast! :-D

Julleran