SC - Latest TI

Michael F. Gunter mfgunter at tddeng00.fnts.com
Wed Apr 23 14:48:42 PDT 1997

On Friday April 18 there were a number of messages and inquiries on
candied fruit peel from Alys of Foxdale and others:

> Have you tried candied lemon peel?  Everyone I've given some to loves it.

Or orange peel...or grapefruit peel...or lime peel...

>  I've got the recipe around here someplace, it you
> send me your e-mail address. The period recipe and redaction is a little
> long. Or I could give you the quick and dirty which is much shorter. :-)
>
> Julleran

May I have your recipe too when you find it?  I don't have a period
recipe for candying citrus peels.

   Alys of Foxdale

Those that might be interested in trying this treat can find some of the
recent Rialto discussions on this in this file in my FOOD section:

rec-desserts-msg  (27K)  5/13/96    Medieval and SCA dessert recipes. Sweets.

I tried some of the recipes and methods mentioned here with some success
recently. It really was much easier to follow the directions of the
SCAdians than the directions of the modern cookbook as the original
Rialto inquirer commented.

There are also some other period dessert recipes and redactions in this
file. Julleran, I'd love to add your period recipe and redaction to this
file if you are willing.

Stefan li Rous
markh at risc.sps.mot.com

My files can be found at: