SC - itty-bitty fish recipes.

Mark Harris mark_harris at quickmail.sps.mot.com
Thu Apr 24 20:38:47 PDT 1997

<< Ras, your response neither addressed the autocrats need to know about the
 feast, nor did it elegantly address the autocrats need to know how you
 wished to be treated. >>

Actually, my responce was quite appropriate if you were privy to all the
background that led me to that action. The autocrat did not want information
about the feast but rather a menu that he/she could use to approve or
disapprove certain dishes, restructure the schedule of serving and substitute
dishes he/she thought would be more appropriate. As this was very early in
the event preparation stages  and I had already submitted a bid to the shire
for approval and it was approved by unanimous consent the request was , IMHO,
entirely out of line. As I stated earlier, the Chronicler (who publishes the
event announcement), the Troll (who took care of ALL resevations) and the
Autocrat (when my menus were completed) were eventually given copies. Of
course, common courtesy demands that the Autocrat be kept informed but giving
information is a far cry from submitting ideas for approval.

Perhaps in other shires it is different, but in our shire, it is assumed that
The Troll, Knight's Marshall, Archery Captain, A&S Officer and Feastocrat
know what they are doing. And they are trusted implicitly to do their job
right. The Autocrat bids for an event, the Shire votes yea (or ney), a paper
is sent around for volunteers to do trolling, other-crating, cleanup, etc.
The Autocrat finds a site. The feastocrat sees if the Kitchen is adequate for
the feast he/she plan on presenting and proceeds to gather together a kitchen
crew. Asks the Autocrat what the budget is (hopping it isn't less than the
bid but dealing with it if it is). The job gets done, a wonderful time is had
by all. Sounds simplicitic, I know, but it works for us.

Lord Ras