SC - Various

MS MARTHA L WALLENHORST Annejke at prodigy.com
Mon Apr 28 08:22:31 PDT 1997

> No Iodine.  If you are sensitive to iodine, you can have a deadly
> reaction.

This applied for some saltwater fish as well.  My mother had a severe reaction
to shark meat once.  She ended up in the emergency room to have her stomach
pumped. Sometimes she can eat a small quantity of ocean perch, but not much
beyond that.

Derdriu

> >As far as I know the period recipes that I am aware of call for
> >saltwater
> >crayfish. If anyone has a reference intimating that freshwater
> >crayfish were
> >used would they be so kind as to e-mail me this information so I can
> >fill
> >another hole in my research? Thanks in advance.
> >
> >------------------
> >Ok. Interesting. I didn't know there was such a thing as saltwater
> >crawfish. Do saltwater crawfish live in North America, also?
> >
> >Since I'm almost certain that the frozen crawfish I saw were fresh
> >water crawfish as well as farm-raised, how much differance is there
> >likely to be if I use them instead of salt-water crawfish?
> >
> >Stefan li Rous
> >markh at risc.sps.mot.com

- ----
This message was sent using a demo version of BBEdit, a product of Bare Bones
Software, Inc.
http://www.tiac.net/biz/bbsw/

- --
swensel at brandegee.lm.com