SC - SC- Lists of Foods

Greg Lindahl lindahl at pbm.com
Tue Apr 29 06:31:37 PDT 1997

> To all the good Gentles currently hiding on this list,
>
> greetings.
>
>   I have recently been elected to be head cook of an event in August(didn't
> duck fast enough)  and while that is still a way away and before then we
> have baronial devestiutres and the like to host, the menu has to be in
> pretty soon.  While not overly occuped by people allergic to various
> substances found in period cookery, we do seem to have an overabundance of
> vegetarians.  My files of recipes don't seem to take this into
> consideration and pleas to various members in the Barony have gone unheard.
> I was wondering if anyone out there has  period or close enough to period
> vegetarian recipes that are tasty enough to satisfy a fairly picky group.
> All the other people I asked kept saying "serve a salad"  but that's not
> great for early/mid spring.
>
> Thanks
> -Sianan

One option is to have a Lenten feast.  Most of the dishes you make can have
the meat dropped out of them (use lots of lentils to make broth).  Also, there
was a post a few weeks ago about how to make almond milk.  This can be used in
place of eggs and real milk.

I know there are those out there much more versed on this than I.  I look
forward to their responses.

Derdriu
- ----
This message was sent using a demo version of BBEdit, a product of Bare Bones
Software, Inc.
http://www.tiac.net/biz/bbsw/

- --
swensel at brandegee.lm.com