SC - Autocrats

ND Wederstrandt nweders at mail.utexas.edu
Tue Apr 29 15:38:28 PDT 1997

Hi,
I would like to add a couple of suggestions:

Onion or brie tarts are both good cold.

Another possibility if you have acces to power but not a kitchen is to smuggle in a
microwave or two. Bring in a couple of dishes all ready to be nuked and you be able to
provide enough hot dishes to hide the fact that the feast is mostly cold courses.
Another use for the microwave would be to heat sauces and use the hot sauce poured
over a meat dish to heat the meat.

Camping gas stoves can also be used for reheating but as their heat output is very limited
be prepared to wait a long time. I have used them to reheat soup by putting a stockpot
over two burners and waiting for an hour - remember to refill your gas bottle! They are also
fairly noisy.

Charles
- --
Charles Dean    charles at macquarie.matra.com.au
Matra Internetworks - Internet service providers.
Ph (06) 251 6730  Fax (06) 253 4840
PO BOX 714, Jamison Centre, ACT 2614 AUSTRALIA