SC - Feast themes

Kathleen M Everitt kathe1 at juno.com
Tue Apr 15 15:59:36 PDT 1997

On Tue, 15 Apr 1997 12:15:07 -0700 Cossette
<cossette at kendaco.telebyte.com> writes:
> Greetings, Mil Lord's and Mil Ladies,
>	I am Cossette the Nice, I'm from a silly little barony in the
>midwestern
>portion of  An Tir.  I have been on your list for less than a week and
>I am
>finding it very informative.
>	I would like to request  a topic of discussion.  I would like
>to know
>what kind of "Theme feast" you good folks on the list have always
>wanted to do.

The niftiest "theme feast" that I've ever heard of was the most memorable
of all the feasts that I've attended in my 18+ years in the SCA. I didn't
cook it (I wish I had, it was wonderful.) It was cooked by Cindy Renfrew
(Take a Thousand Eggs or More). I've forgotten how you spell her SCA
name! And her kitchen crew at Hartshorn-dale here in the East. It was a
feast of Illusion. Everything served looked like something else. Eggs had
custard in them. Chicken skins were filled with a pork mixture, the
chicken was inside hollowed out loaves of bread, acorns were made into
salt and pepper shakers. Half the fun was trying to figure out what was
being served. And it was all delicious! I'd love to try something like
that, but I understand that everyone involved spent *hours* and *hours*
on preparation. I'm not sure I could find the staff crazy enough to try
it!

Julleran