Re(2): SC - feast $

Sue Wensel swensel at brandegee.lm.com
Wed Apr 16 11:12:29 PDT 1997

> >This is a common misunderstanding.  Being non for profit means you
> >can't
> >give profits from things we do to individuals.  It does *not* mean you
> >can't make lots of money on an event.  Note: I am *not* saying you
> >want to
> >or you should, just that it is legal.
>
> Oh, I know it's legal! I just think too many groups are making money just
> to make money. I think making money to buy feast gear, loner armor, front
> events, give free subscriptions to the local newsletter, etc. is just
> great. But I know a lot of groups that make lots of money and then just
> sit on it. As I said, we usually make so much on donations from demos
> that we keep the prices down on events so even the perenially broke and
> families with a number of kids can afford them. I also realize that some
> groups aren't lucky enough to be able to do this. I was just putting in
> my $.02 worth!
> >
> >Jaelle
> >

> Julleran

BMDL policy is that every event must stay within its budget.  When you put in
an event bid, you must provide a break-even point (preferably below what site
will hold).  Most people base this on how spread out they can make the site
fee, then the feast is usually ~$5 more.  Very few events ever cost more than
$10 a head, most between $6 and $8.  Any extra money earned goes toward
banking against money-losing events, chirugeon supplies, kitchen supplies,
newsletter supplies (rarely necessary -- great chronicler), etc.  We also bank
to be able to put down several site deposits at once, as we often have events
3-6 weeks apart.

Derdriu
swensel at brandegee.lm.com
- ----
This message was sent using a demo version of BBEdit, a product of Bare Bones
Software, Inc.
http://www.tiac.net/biz/bbsw/

- --