: SC - Recipes and Redactions

ND Wederstrandt nweders at mail.utexas.edu
Tue Apr 22 07:13:48 PDT 1997

        I agree with the general consensus about posting redacted recipes.
Many times you see a variation in the amounts for the same recipe, wheich I
find interesting since my taste isn't going to be quite like your taste.
It encourages people to experiment.  Sometimes seeing that other people are
doing a redaction of something you thought about doing pushes you to trying
it.  Or finding out a word you had trouble understanding what is precisely
meant is "blank". (I find this especially true with "Nym it up."
        I entered this list with the idea that we could talk about not only
recipes and foods, but cultural differences both in history and in the Sca.
I find the info posted by the Australians very fascinating because it is
different.  I find the notes posted by Isabeau interesting because she is
originally from my Barony and it's nice to hear from her even though I
didn't know her well.  And it's always nice to make new friends so if I
ever travel to the area they are from I already have a friend.

        Please continue posting recipes, arguements and discussions.

Clare