sca-cooks Terminology

Jeanne Stapleton jstaplet at adm.law.du.edu
Fri Apr 11 12:40:01 PDT 1997

> > For the past several years I have merchanted food at camping event
> > to cover the cost of this hobby but have never cooked for
> > everybody at once.  It sounds fun but I think that I would like to
> > know a bit more about it before I jump in with both feet.

What items do you offer?

> The best thing I can think of to do is to assist an expirienced
> feast-master (is that better than "feastocrat"?).  You will learn
> how to prepare mass quantities of food and how to plan for servings
> etc...

How about "Chef de Cuisine"?  "Head Cook"?  "Chief Cook"?
Kitchenmaster (isn't that a mixer?  :-))

> > Any have any suggestions on how to get
> > comfortable cooking for 200 rather than 40?
> >

> Comfortable?  HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
>
> You'll never be comfortable as Head cook!  Abandon all hope!

Practice?  Apprentice to someone else who *is* comfortable cooking
for 200 and learn tips and techniques.  Use this list as a resource
for suggestions.

Countess Berengaria de Montfort de Carcassonne, OP
Barony of Caerthe
Kingdom of the Outlands