SC - preserving food

Mark Harris mark_harris at quickmail.sps.mot.com
Wed Apr 16 22:47:39 PDT 1997

Aoife said on Tuesday, April 15,

>This is a pretty cool subject, and was covered on the Realto a few months
>ago, with some lively debate (Stefan, can you point out that file?).

I have created three files from this information and others collected
over the years. It does not yet include any of the wonderful information
that has been given here in scarcely a wee, but it will shortly.

These files are all in the FOOD section of my SCA Rialto Files:

campfood-msg      (50K)  2/24/97    Non-refrig., period food for camping
events.
food-storage-msg  (45K) 10/11/96    Storing and preserving food in period.
Non-
                                      refrigerated food for camping and
Pennsic.
pickled-food-msg  (14K)  2/14/97    Medieval pickled food. recipes.
vinegar-msg        (9K)  3/ 7/97    Vinegar in period. Making vinegar.

My files can be found at:
http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/rialto/rialto.html

Stefan li Rous
markh at risc.sps.mot.com

>       It's just my two cents worth.

I would put it's value much higher than that. Aoife, you gave some
excellent examples and real-life experiences. Thank you.