Re- SC - chicken on string

Donna Kenton donna at dabbler.com
Tue Aug 5 11:05:10 PDT 1997

Mark Schuldenfrei wrote:

> Please recall that Donna Kenton suggested par-boiling the vegetables.
> dunno why she did this.  I'd cook them completely, actually.

A couple of reasons --

1.  I didn't want mush for vegetables, which is what I was afraid would
happen if I cooked them completely before I roasted them.

2.  I wanted to give the rock-solid things like turnips a head start
over the onions (which I didn't par-boil) so that they would
theoretically all be ready at the same time.

I don't know what's appropriate for period camp cooking.  I just
followed my instincts, and it seemed like the right thing to do.

Rosalinde
- --
Donna Kenton * Rosalinde De Witte * donna at dabbler.com *
http://www.dabbler.com/