SC - Re: chicken on a string

Michael F. Gunter mfgunter at tddeng00.fnts.com
Wed Aug 6 09:22:11 PDT 1997

> From Mark_Harris at quickmail.sps.mot.com Wed Aug  6 11:16:24 1997
> Date: 6 Aug 1997 11:17:22 U
> From: "Mark Harris" <Mark_Harris at quickmail.sps.mot.com>
> Subject: Re- Re- SC - chicken on str
> To: "SCA-Cooks maillist" <SCA-Cooks at Ansteorra.ORG>
> Sender: owner-sca-cooks at Ansteorra.ORG
> Are you cooking them completely before you put them under the chicken?
> Why? Are you wanting to precook them because they take longer to cook
> than the chicken?
>
> STefan li Rous
> markh at risc.sps.mot.com

Actually what I was confused on was are you now roasting the par-boiled
veggies in front of the fire in a camp oven of some sort and letting
the juices drip onto them?  It sounds good to me, especially if you
occassionally stir around the vegetables so each gets a good basting.

The description was a little vague so I'm extrapolating here.  But then
isn't extrapolation half of this list?

Yers,

Gunthar

We leave for Pennsic in two days!