SC - Chutney

Michael F. Gunter mfgunter at tddeng00.fnts.com
Fri Aug 22 07:00:25 PDT 1997

Since you asked about chutney, here is a quick suggestion for making a basic
product.

Take a number of fruits or herbs and chop fine. Place them and some cider vinegar
into a saucepan and simmer until the volume is reduced and the mass collapses.  You
can make the chutney as smooth or chunky as you wish.  Taste every once in a while
and add sugar, vinegar, spices or whatever to suit your taste.

I know this is vague but there are so many types of chutney out there that I might
as well have described how to make "stew".

I think a lemon, orange, apple chutney would go wonderful on a grilled chicken.

Yers,

Gunthar