SC - When life gives you lemons, then what?

Mary Hysong ladymari at GILA.NET
Tue Aug 26 18:02:16 PDT 1997

Peters, Rise J. wrote:

> Just back from Pennsic and I find myself the proud possessor of half a dozen
> fresh lemons, a couple of oranges, and some apples, all of which need
> something done with them before they go bad.  Any idea what I can do with
> chicken breasts and lemons (beside the usual thing with sherry, which is my
> fallback unless you folks have a better idea).
>
> Thanks....
>
> Caitlin

HI  Caitlin, here's my favorite lemon chicken:
put some butter in a skillet, sprinkle chicken breasts with garlic powder, other
fvorite herbs to taste, brown in the butter, squeeze the lemon, strain and mix a
spoonful of sugar with it, pour in the middle of the skillet and stir it into
whatever chicken juice/butter is there, then stir all together [oops, forgot to
say cut the meat in small peices first]

apples and oranges, peel, ect, shred or chop, add some raisons or other fruit,
some nuts, sprinkle with whatever spice strikes your fancy: cinnamon, cloves,
nutmeg? and have fruit salat.
cheers, Mairi

lamenting a broken computer for 5 days and now reading 600+ e-mails received
when we logged back on ......