SC - When life gives you lemons, then what?

Thu Aug 28 05:33:58 PDT 1997

  HI  Caitlin, here's my favorite lemon chicken:
  put some butter in a skillet, sprinkle chicken breasts with garlic
  powder, other fvorite herbs to taste, brown in the butter, squeeze
  the lemon, strain and mix a spoonful of sugar with it, pour in the
  middle of the skillet and stir it into whatever chicken juice/butter
  is there, then stir all together [oops, forgot to say cut the meat in
  small peices first]

This is a delightful recipe.  I prefer to add some specific wine, and call
it Chicken Marsala....

As a technique question: I've found that I get a better, and more intense
lemon flavor, if I use the zest of the lemon grated into a sauce, than if I
just use juice alone.  Have you tried that?

I'd dredge the chicken breasts in a flour and lemon zest coating (mix in
herbs as you like: savory and black pepper pop to mind) and bake or saute.
Make a sauce as above.

  apples and oranges, peel, ect, shred or chop, add some raisons or other fruit,
  some nuts, sprinkle with whatever spice strikes your fancy: cinnamon, cloves,
  nutmeg? and have fruit salat.

Nice.  These days, I tend to think of apples and oranges as making a nice
topping for a summer green salad.  Yumm!  (I tend to frighten the people in
the salad line at work: I've been dressing my salads with canned tangerine
oranges and crushed red pepper flakes.  Not what they think of, but it works
for me!)

	Tibor