SC - Cuts of Meat

Nick Sasso (fra niccolo) grizly at mindspring.com
Thu Aug 21 13:02:50 PDT 1997

Melissa Martines wrote:

>      OK, all you butcher experts out there.  I am cooking a Coronation
>
>      feast that will include grilled beef as one of the
> courses.........
>      What cut of meat should I try to buy that would be relatively
> cheap,
>      but not tough?

Here in Atlanta, I find whole sirloins on sale around $2 (last month it
was $1.88) a pound every so often.  I used this at a feast of mine as a
roasted meat and it was scrumptious.  The sirloin is marbled enough for
flavor and moistness without being so much it oozes grease like a
chuck.  If you can't get it from a market or on sale, it may be too
expensive.  The eye of round suggestion was a good one, but watch for
drying if cooked past medium rare.

fra niccolo