SC - Camping Feast

JANINE BRANNON janineb at smtpgw.mis.ssh.edu
Wed Aug 27 08:10:17 PDT 1997

I am planning a (mundane) camping trip over the labor day
weekend, but want my turn at dinner to be a period feast.  I
was thinking of making Icelandic chicken for ~15 people.  My
questions for the group are:

- --Is this practical?  I want to cook it in the campfire.
- --Since I want to cook it in the campfire, I can't make in
  a "coffin" of bread, can I?  I was thinking of wrapping it in
  in alum foil.
- --What type of chicken - boneless breasts or whole legs?
- --Would it be better to cook it at home and transport to
reheat there?  (I'm a bit worried about spoilage).

Any other advice is appreciated!

~~Magdelane