SC - margali and the puff pastry (was re: unit alert)

kat kat at kagan.com
Mon Dec 1 14:04:30 PST 1997

                      medicinal foods                              12/1/97

The recipes that get looked at here are, for the most part, straight from
cook-books, or from the kitchen sections of housekeeping manuals.  But there
are many food recipes in housekeeping manuals in the health sections, and in
treatise on women's health or care of invalids, or the sick.
Does anybody know how common it would be to have such recipes served?  Would a
noble household work such things into meals on a regular basis?  Or would such
recipes be "folk-remedies" or general knowledge, but not commonly applied-
like many of our modern health trends and tips?
I remember a similar thread on "humors" and such, perhaps my question is too
similar in vein to come up with any new answers...
- -brid