SC - Help-Oysters getting OT

Alderton, Philippa phlip at morganco.net
Wed Dec 3 10:25:39 PST 1997

My step-mother makes a very good mock Hollandaise sauce which is both tasty
and easy.

1/2 cup mayonaisse (Hellman's)
2 teaspoons prepared mustard
1 teaspoon lemon juice

Mix and heat through, stirring. DON'T BOIL.

It's nice for those occasions when you have forty-eleven other things to
do, and don't really have the time to make a proper Hollandaise.

The day she gave me the recipe, she was making a Holiday brunch for 15-20
people, and she had a recipe for Eggs Benedict in which you poached the
eggs the night before, kept them in a pan of water overnight, and heated
and served the next day. Folks, you have not lived until you learn to poach
eggs by the pot of simmering water method, with 3 dozen eggs to have done!
I got her an egg poacher for Christmas- we still laugh about it.

Later,

Phlip

phlip at morganco.net

Never a horse that cain't be rode,