SC - key lime pie: a success story!

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Wed Dec 3 06:51:00 PST 1997

I'm not really sure, since I never took the time to count them, I'm too
busy eating them- perhaps a couple dozen? All this talk of oysters has me
hungry for them, I may just run up the road and get some for oyster stew .
Here in the States, we can get them as I described, on the half-shell, or
entire, shells and all, though the latter methods usually require being
near a coast, since they don't travel well. Fortunately, latelt
Midwesterners have discivered fairly recently that there is something to
eat besides Cow, Pig, and Chicken, so we're now finding a much greater
availability of seafood, duck, goose, lamb, goat, and other forms of
fleshly delight to the palate. Now if they'd just learn how to cook them...

Phlip
phlip at morganco.net

Never a horse that cain't be rode,

: Phlip answered the bit about standard/select - thanks. So how many
: oysters are there in a pint? (In Australia we buy them by the dozen,
: usually on the half-shell. At a wholesale market $5 - $6 (AUD), in a shop
: $6 - $9 / dozen.
:
: Charles
: