SC - Food reactions-Not allergy related

Wed Dec 3 10:38:42 PST 1997

margali wrote:

> Yeah, you know how long it took me to replace my Larousse Gastronomie?
> AND I had to settle for the english version*snif*
> margali

Ah, well. Consider how much easier the translation would be if they
would simply trash all the extraneous and erroneous material that
conerns the foods of Asia, North and South America, England, and the
host of other places about which they haven't a clue. I'm feeling
liberal, so they can keep the information that directly concerns French,
Spanish, and Italian food. Still, not so ponderous a tome when you
remove the misinformation. Of course, all the other stuff wouldn't have
been in the original edition, anyway.

I prefer my misinformation about French cookery to come from Curnonsky,
Ali Bab, and Alexandre Dumas, myself ;  ) .

Adamantius
Phil & Susan Troy
troy at asan.com