SC - A bonny Scotsman-OOP

Alderton, Philippa phlip at morganco.net
Sun Dec 7 07:21:19 PST 1997

Greetings all! Many thanks for all the great advice on marrow
(especially to Adamantius) and my apologies for not writing sooner! I'm
receiving the digest and not the individual letters on this list, so
sometimes it takes me awhile to get through all the info. Despite all
the good suggestions on acquiring marrow for 12th Night, I've decided
not to do that particular recipe - thanks anyway!
   In case any of you are interested, here's the menu for AEthelmearc's
first Kingdom 12th Night. Nearly all the recipes are from Le Viandier de
Taillevent (Terence Scully's edition).

LUNCH
Tortes de harbe, fromaige, et oeuf (Pies of hebs, cheese, & eggs)
Tortes Sarcenes (Meat Pies)
Coqz heaumez (Helmeted cocks - a chicken with helm and lance riding a
suckling pig)

1ST FEAST REMOVE
Gruyau (Gruel of husked barley)
Pandemayne (fine white bread)

2ND FEAST REMOVE
D'autres menuz potaiges (a vegetable pottage)
Ris engolere (Fancy rice for a Meat Day)
Poullaille Farci (Stuffed Game Hen)
Poivre jaunet (yellow pepper sauce)
Poivre noir (black pepper sauce)
Fritelles (herb fritters)

3RD FEAST REMOVE
Porie de cresson (Stewed cress)
Tortes parmeriennes (Parmesan Pies)
Taillis (a pudding of made of grapes, almond milk and small cakes)
Crespes grand et petites (Crisps)

VOIDE
(Baked apples & pears, fuits in wine sauces, small cakes, etc.)

HIGH TABLE will receive, in addition to the above, a Porcelat farci
(stuffed suckling pig)

   I'm hoping for Venison as well, depending on the luck of several
local hunters!

Master Huen/Jim Matterer
http://www.labs.net/dmccormick/huen.htm