SC - Finishing the "Bull"

margali margali at 99main.com
Sun Dec 7 15:26:31 PST 1997

James L. Matterer wrote:

> Incidentally, a Medieval Literature/French Major at WVU has translated
> "galettes" for me as small cakes or "puffy" crepes - like a pancake. I'm
> assuming the cracknels are something similar to the galeetes and the
> bread crusts, but can find no real definition in any of my sources.
>
> Thanks!
> Master Huen/Jim Matterer
> http://www.labs.net/dmccormick/huen.htm

	I am no French Major, I have other Romantic Language credences, I will
agree it is a "cake" and/or a "pancake", it is small (thin/flat) but in
some cases it can have a consistency that would vary from "cookie-dry"
to "cake-puffy".

	Hoping I helped and did not confuse,

		Lord Robert de QuelQuePart

P.S.: A "gateau Pétivier" is a "galette" (sorry I do not know what or if
there is an English name for such cake).