SC - Re: sca-cooks V1 #465

Jeanne Stapleton jstaplet at adm.law.du.edu
Tue Dec 9 11:25:16 PST 1997

                      RE>>SC - SC-SHORT BREAD AS PERIOD            12/9/97

<snip>I don't think the redaction works out to the same proportions as pound
cake. And the recipe doesn't sound much like pound cake--note that cream is
considered superior to butter, and the sugar is in the list with the spices,
which doesn't suggest that it present in a quantity similar to the flour (not
that its impossible, merely mildy contraindicated).
David/Cariadoc
<snip>

While I agree that the redaction given does not seem to go along with the
original recipe- and I see that a recipe with egg would not really be a
shortbread (tho' it looks yummy)... I am not sure where the reference to
*pound cake* is coming from.
Are my messages coming in in random order again? and I have missed some
connecting comment?
And does anybody know how the recipe would be different if clotted cream were
used as stronly suggested in the original?  Would it be a different
consistency? or flavor?
- -brid (confused)