SC - Re: Pumpkin Pie Redaction

Dan Gillespie dangilsp at intrepid.net
Thu Dec 11 14:27:44 PST 1997

margali asks:

>How about chick pea flour bread?
>IIRC it is actually roman, but I confess to not remembering the source

I get the feeling that serving this to nobles at a feast would be very
embarassing to the host and thus possibly hazardous to the cook. My
reading says the nobility expected the white bread, not those
of other flours especially not pea flour.

Might be an interesting idea for those tossing around above the salt/
below the salt feasts. To my modern eye it might be nice to have
something for us non-high table types that we get to ourselves. Normally,
the high table folks get everything we get and then any special items.

Stefan li Rous