SC - Eastern European Cookery

LrdRas LrdRas at aol.com
Tue Dec 16 17:53:30 PST 1997

<< I was under the impression, having been an avid amature
 archeo/anthropologist that one of the main cooking formats of the common
 inca was stewing rather than roasting. >>

This was also my impression. I used to have a reference which is lost, that
talked of a Guinea pig casserole that used the usual South American stuff (hot
peppers, tomatoes, etc.). IIRC, you mmixed the ingredients together, put them
in an earthen casserol dish and cut the GP into 2 inch squares with fur left
on. You then placed these "goobets" on top of the casserole and baked it over
coals 'til done. It was eaten by grasping a GP gobbit by the fur and sucking
the meat off. I vaguely remember this from a National Geographic and it was
supposedly reserved for the Chief of the Incas.  Anyone remember this?

Ras