SC - pre-1500 cookery

LrdRas LrdRas at aol.com
Tue Dec 16 17:48:24 PST 1997

SOooo, to celebrate
> Yule I like to give things of my own making.  This year it was Cider (hard,
> but nice), Yule wine (mediocre), candles, incense, dried fragrant herbs,
> bath oil and a $5 Blockbuster card (okay, I slipped, but follow the theme)
> in a holiday bag.  I would very much like, for my own consumption and for
> next years gift giving, to make a mead.
>
> Bright Blessings, Puck

Merry met, Puck;
	Check out my lord's web page for the "Twelve -Step Method for making
Mankind's Oldest Fermented Beverage" at

	http:\\commnections.com\Rurik\mead.htm

This is an instruction manual for the making of meads and related
drinks, worked out for the beginner by Master Rurik Petrovitch Stoianov,
Vintning Laurel in Meads, Trimaris. We worked over it, with myself as
the "test subject" to make sure it was as "idiot-proof" (no offense
intended) as possible. Many gentles here in Trimaris, both mundane and
SCA have found it easy and user-friendly.

BTW, your Yule gifts sound lovely, and from the heart, as they should
be. :)

Ceridwen