SC - novice requests - longish

Tyrca Tyrca at aol.com
Wed Dec 17 10:46:19 PST 1997

Ok, I foolishly agreed to make a soup/stew for our event in March.
The one I had in mind, of course, was my best soup, one I love, I
got out of the paper; it's a "Greek" lentil soup with mint, lentils
spinach and maybe a dollop of plain yogurt on top to finish it.
Tastes great, especially when I add flesh.  I'm a sucker for flesh.

But, (doh!) I'm also trying to encourage more period foods in the
barony; the event is our A&S Championship, and I announced that
"Medieval people actually ate food" in the middle ages.  The
response was ("whaaat, apples, cheese and bread? (laugh)")  So,
in lieu of asking for a period recipe for this greek lentil soup,
I was wondering if anyone had a tasty redaction for a lentil stew/
soup dish that they had tried for a group of people?

Conchobar