SC - re: Pasta Fazoul

Tyrca Tyrca at aol.com
Fri Dec 19 08:50:16 PST 1997

<<
 sure, for example, what's mazing?

 curiouser and curiouser said Puck >>

Actually, it is all very simple.  A creator of beer is a brewer, a creator of
wine is a vintner, and a creator of mead is a mazer.  I think it comes from
the un-fermented liquid being called must.  I don't know about wine, but
unfermented liquid that will soon be beer is called wort.

I have always found that vocabulary is extremely useful when learning about a
new subject.  And now you can sound so much more knowledgable.

My second effort at mead was something slightly related to another discussion
we have been having about late cooking and early personnas.  I am Irish/Norse
from the 11th Century, and I wanted to make a fruit mead with fruit easy to
find in Ireland.  So I put together a Current mead.  It is still aging, so I
have no definite opinion on it yet, but I named it, "A Mazer's Grace" just for
fun.  No, I didn't find a recipe for it, as most of the mead recipes I have
seen were from Digby, and those were printed actually outside of period.

Tyrca