SC - RE: Hardly Anyone eats lamb...???

kappler kappler at edgenet.net
Sat Dec 27 02:36:22 PST 1997

This bounced the first time I sent it to this list. I'm trying again.
  Stefan

Daniel Serra said:

I have never been a member of the SCA, but now as my interest in medieval
and earlier cookery has grown I wonder if there might be at least a
possability to find groups that practice medieval cookery here in the
south of England -Reading, Berkshire , UK.

- ---------------
There are only a few SCA groups in Britain. My list, which is old,
dating from 1992, lists these groups:

Edinburgh                    Harpelstane                     East -
Ipswich                      Flintheath                      East -
London                       Pont Alarch                     East -
United Kingdom               Insula Draconis                 East -

You might also try the SCA Inc. pages located at www.sca.org.

There are many other, much smaller, re-creation groups in England
though. Most of these have a smaller time era. While also a bit
out of date, you might want to look at these files in the
UNCLASSIFIED section of my Florilegium:

other-groups-msg  (54K)  1/22/96    Other groups similar to the SCA.
LivHist-bib       (14K)  9/29/94    Bibliography on Living History.
LivHist-msg       (41K)  7/ 3/92    Living History groups

My files are at:
http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/rialto/rialto.html

Stefan li Rous
RSVE60 at email.sps.mot.com