Baking (was: SC - My Profile)

Par Leijonhufvud pkl at absaroka.obgyn.ks.se
Sun Dec 28 21:44:33 PST 1997

One of the modern tricks I find very handy is to use the little water
airlocks you buy from brewing suppliers for about $1 in a sealed barrel
for my primary fermentation. THis stops bubbling when fermentation is
more or less complete. When bottling, half tsp of sugar/malt/honey will
provide enough to thoroughly carbonate a 750 ml bottle (pint and a bit)
of whatever without exploding it.

The airlock also reduces the risk of something getting into your brew and
turning it into something horrible, even if it takes you six months after
fermentation has finished to get around to bottling. (I have tested this,
purely of course for academic purposes ;)

Charles Ragnar