SC - Re: SC Oysters getting way OT

Mark Harris rsve60 at email.sps.mot.com
Thu Dec 4 11:52:16 PST 1997

Bear clarified:

Commonly called lamb fries in Oklahoma.  Rocky Mountain oysters are the
by-product of converting bulls to steers and I don't know if the term is
applied to the same by-product of lamb.

So, is there any evidence of such 'delicacies" being eaten in the Middle
Ages? I imagine they were, since many things were eaten with the idea of
not wasting anything. Perhaps they simply ground them up in sausage. Or
did they even castrate farm animals?

Stefan li Rous