SC - A bit bland...

Fri Dec 12 14:20:44 PST 1997

><snip>
>
>Tart:
>1 1/2 C blanched almonds, coarsely ground
>1 1/2 C heavy cream
>1 tbs + 1tsp sugar
>4 tsp Rosewater
>
><snip>
>
>That doesn't seem like very much sugar for that much nuts and cream?  Most of
>the nut pie recipes I have made or seen would hav closer to a qtr or half cup
>of sugar, if not more.  That might help with the blandness a bit, tho the
>addition of jam sounds quite good too.
>thanks for the recipe.
>-brid

I think you are correct about the sugar, but I would start with the
above measures and sweeten it to taste.  Since the filling is cooked to
thicken it before baking, small amounts of sugar can be stirred into the
filling as it cooks.  Taste testing will let Bogdan decide when to stop
adding sugar and determine if more rosewater needs to be added.

Bear