SC - Redactions

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Thu Jul 10 08:13:20 PDT 1997

Ras asked:
  I would like to know others thoughts on what a redaction is.

A redaction is a period receipt, converted to modern form with quantities
and preparation instructions.  At least, as far as I know.  (It's a
wonderful word, whose etymology is perfect (To make ready for publication,
from latin words meaning to drive backwards.)

  I would like to know others thoughts on what a redaction is. Lady Aiofe in
  opening up this exciting and fun challenge specifically asked for redactions
  and requested that "interpretations" not be sent so as not to spoil the game.

True.  But redaction is a hands on experience, and requires ingredients and
a kitchen handy.  Not all of us have that privilege. (I post at work, and by
the time I get home usually have a full evening of chores in front of me.  I
cannot run to the store for ingredients, and spend the evening puttering.
What a happy cook I'd be if I could!)

	Tibor (Still intending to rework biskit bread, soon...)