SC - feasts in each Kingdom

ND Wederstrandt nweders at mail.utexas.edu
Tue Jul 15 06:01:09 PDT 1997

  However, IMO, all school children should be taken on a field trip to a meat
  processing plant at least once in their educational career. And I really do
  feel that a vast majority of folks that eat meat think it comes all nicely
  packaged  at the supermarket.

When I was younger, I was responsible for a barn full of baby animals at a
summer camp.  The calf and the lamb were both cute.  (Did you know you can
teach a lamb the same tricks you can teach a dog?  Sit, stay, roll over...)
The fact that all the animals were being raised for slaughter almost made me
a vegetarian: but the personal habits of the chickens and goats convinced me
otherwise.

Of course, now I am a vegetarian.  Go figure.

For that matter, I think kids should be exposed to a morgue and an autopsy
once.  At a rather advanced age.  (Remind me to tell you about the time I
grossed out the pathologist....)

	Tibor
SCA-Cooks-Request with the message body of unsubscribe.