SC - Allergies - again..

Varju@aol.com Varju at aol.com
Tue Jul 15 08:13:48 PDT 1997

Peters, Rise J. wrote:
> So her allergies are so bad that even the existence of unsealed fish, out
> there in the local environment, being cooked for other people, even if she
> isn't eating it, is enough to kill her?  Amazing.

It is rumored (I am not a witness to this, but people I know and trust
were, I'm told) that a gentle was grilling a couple of those little
sunfish or crappies caught in Cooper's Lake at Pennsic, and that a
couple of burly squire types entered the camp, picked up the portable
grill, and dumped it into the lake, giving as their reason that the
smoke was bothering the lady. It COULD be true...either that, or it is
some kind of attention-getting device. I'm betting it's both.

I know of one other gentle with a similarly extreme allergy: she is,
ethnically, of Native American ancestry, whose family goes back
literally for centuries without ever having lived near a body of water
with fish in it. She is also, in contrast, quite gracious about her
disability, and an overall pleasure to be around.

Adamantius
SCA-Cooks-Request with the message body of unsubscribe.