SC - Service without fees

Wed Jul 16 09:50:21 PDT 1997

Cariadoc wrote:
  On the general subject of period mead, the situation is as follows:

  There is a reasonably clear mead recipe in _Buch von Guter Speise_.

And it is very nice.  It is redacted in Scully's recent work, and my friends
have also redacted it slightly differently.  It is hopped, and is VERY
tasty.

  There are two unclear recipes in _Curye on Englysche_.

Which my local brewers guild has redacted.  Also very nice, short shelf life
for the "Poynant" second recipe.  I'd love to correspond with people who
have independently redacted those recipes.  They can be found online, along
with a few claret and braggot recipes, at
    http://www.math.harvard.edu/~schuldy/brewing.html

These are the originals (more or less) not redactions.

  I think there is a recipe somewhere in _Le Menagier de Paris_ but am not sure.

I don't know that one, but there is a delightful and trivial recipe for
lemmon mead in Fettiplace.  Makes a lovely light and lemony mead.

	Tibor
SCA-Cooks-Request with the message body of unsubscribe.