SC - Responsible use of Alcohol & the SCA

Mary Morman memorman at oldcolo.com
Thu Jul 17 09:26:53 PDT 1997

Aldyth at aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 97-07-17 09:20:07 EDT, Tibor writes:
>
> << *If* we have the culprit identified correctly, consider the following from
>  > the East Kingdom Order of Precedence:
>  >      10/15/88 Duchess
>  >
<snip>
>  >      08/19/93 Augmentation of Arms  (the first in the East)

> You know, the list of accolades above would lead me to believe this lady is
> the epitome of grace, tact, and truely a shining example of what we all
> should become.  If this lady truely displays the attitudes attributed to her,
> with all due respect, she does her accolades and herself no honor.  We all
> deserve the same honor and respect no matter what hat we wear, whether a
> cook, an autocrat, a scullery helper, or the Crown.

To be honest, I must say that I have dealt with this lady more than
once, and while the various horror stories one hears about to her are to
a large extent true, one must consider that she is not this way all the
time. Reports we have heard of her outstanding grace appear to have as
much basis in fact as the other reported side of her. It must surely be
difficult to live with the health problems the lady seems to have, and
while I don't condone the instances of bad behavior, I suppose I can
understand where they come from.

Adamantius
SCA-Cooks-Request with the message body of unsubscribe.