SC - Re: Welcome to Errick

ErrickII@aol.com ErrickII at aol.com
Sun Jul 20 05:49:26 PDT 1997

On Thu, 17 Jul 1997, Melissa Martines wrote:

>      The Laurels DO encourage people to present whatever ONE dish they are
>      entering in as period a fashion as possible, but the lavish spread
>      actually irritates several of the Laurels I know who judge cooking on
>      a regular basis.
>
>      What are the norms in some of the other kingdoms?  Is Meridies the
>      only one that discourages the meal entry?
>
>      lady Morgan MacBride

> SCA-Cooks-Request with the message body of unsubscribe.

Lady Morgan,

	No, Meridies isn't the only one. Here in Trimaris, the entry rules
specify one dish only. Our A&S competitions have been shrinking due mostly
to misconceptions and officer changes, and the Food Preparation Category is
usually lightly entered (this past one we had three entries)
	I entered this past with a dish of Roasted Quail (2nd generation,
home grown, home butchered) rosted in the oven(no spit available and it
rained, so...) prepared from a redaction of my own from a combination of
period sources. The Quail were wrapped in bacon, roasted, and served with a
sauce on the side. The plate was garnished with parsley, marigold flowers
(the old kind) and pickled pears. It was nominated for non-pariel, but was
not succesful. I did get a perfect score, and the "Laurels' Acclaim" scroll.

Ceridwen

SCA-Cooks-Request with the message body of unsubscribe.