SC - A&S Disolay

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Sun Jul 20 07:06:17 PDT 1997

On Thursday, July 17, Murkial asked:

>I am currently building my library with sources of all types (cooking,
heraldry, >history, brewing, etc...).  Is there anyway people could respond
with books that >are "must haves", "nice at times"  and "darn hard to find
but a jewel if you can >locate them" type books.  I think that this might be
a good discussion here as I >know we have mentioned some books in the past.

Check these files in my SCA Rialto Files:

in the FOOD section:
cookbooks-bib     (32K)  4/21/97    Cookbook bibliography by Jaelle of
Armida.
cookbooks-msg    (126K) 12/ 9/96    Reviews of cookbooks with medieval
recipes.
cooking-bib       (14K)  1/24/95    Bibliography on cooking sources.
Med-Cook-rev-art   (9K)  6/26/96    Review of "The Medieval Cookbook".

in the INFO-SOURCES section:
Arthur-bib        (66K)  1/10/93    Bibliography on King Arthur.
bibliog-msg       (50K)  7/28/94    General medieval bibliographies.
Iceland-bib        (5K)  4/21/95    Bibliography on Iceland.
Islamic-bib        (9K) 11/11/94    Bibliography on Islamic cultures.
leather-bib       (18K) 11/ 1/94    Bibliography on leather and leather
goods.
Russia-bib         (8K)  7/20/94    Bibliography on Russian history.
WS-bib            (23K) 10/ 5/95    Woman's Studies bibliography.

in the TRAVEL section:
ships-bib         (18K)  6/21/96    Bibliography of ships and things
nautical.

in the UNCLASSIFIED section:
LivHist-bib       (14K)  9/29/94    Bibliography on Living History.

in the ANIMALS section:
p-falconry-bib    (14K)  5/14/96    Biblio. of period falconry texts.

in the CLOTHING section:
clothing-bib      (27K)  4/19/95    Bibliography of Russian, East Europe,
Middle
                                      East clothing books. Other books, too.

I know some of these diverge a bit from the main topic of this list, but
I thought some of these non-food bibliographies might be of interest to
some here.

There are other book reviews scattered throughout my files, but these are
the files that are specifically bibliographies.

My files can be found at:
http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/rialto/rialto.html

If anyone has any other bibliographies they have put together, I'd love
to get copies of them with the idea of adding them to my files. You of
course, keep all copyrights and credits.

Stefan li Rous
markh at risc.sps.mot.com

SCA-Cooks-Request with the message body of unsubscribe.