SC - Request

Greg Lindahl lindahl at pbm.com
Sun Jul 20 14:36:12 PDT 1997

Dottie Elliott wrote:

> >So does anyone have a great site with multiple kitchens?
>
> I have thought about this idea. The only way to do it based on sites I
> have seen around here anyway (Bryn Gwlad, Ansteorra) would be as a
> camping event with campstoves. Maybe we could build some ovens as well. I
> haven't seen any sites with multiple kitchens. Is there a cooking school
> somewhere we could rent?  I would LOVE to do this.

There was a Known World Culinary Symposium (Collegium, or something like
that) in Stierbach, in Atlantia, a couple of years ago. One of the
things that made it so nice was the kitchen set-up: it was, I think, a
middle school with a home economics program. The kitchens were
individual cubicles in a large room looking slightly like the
high-school chem or bio lab, but the lab equipment was in fact kitchen
gear: reach-in refrigerators, rangetops, ovens, countertops and those
rib-high, polished aluminum tables you find in restaurant kitchens.

And last, but not least, there was the Demo cubicle, complete with a
45-degree angle mirror on the ceiling, so everyone in the bleachers
(yes, there was room for spectators) could see what you were doing with
your hands.

The impression I got was that such setups are not unique to that site...

Adamantius
SCA-Cooks-Request with the message body of unsubscribe.