SC - Re: Welcome to Errick

Caitlin Cheannlaidir caitlin at phosphor-ink.com
Mon Jul 21 12:19:38 PDT 1997

We've had several people entering but not always at the same event.  Like
one or two entries per event or one display.  At our Laurel's Prize Tourney
last year, we had considerably more since entries are not judges just word
famed and largess plus one on one with judges.  We generally have a lot of
brewing or cordial making here; I think in part due to the fact that it's
more portable.  I was thinking maybe to have events whose arts and sciences
displays/competitions were more specialized.  As a Laurel, it is often hard
for me to judge one set of things and suddenly switch and start judging
another set of entries.  Also, we could study up and spend some time
offering largess that is more in keeping to a particular type of entry
work.

        One of my pet peeves in judging food entries is the artist often
doesn't police his/her entry and straighten up after the conquering hordes
have browsed,so the entry is littered with crumbs, little dirty cups or an
empty bowl... (pretty hard to judge).  It doesn't happen a lot but if you
are entering food items, it's a good tip.

Clare St. John